Monday 19 January 2015

Harvest Monday - 19th Jan 2015

Again, a very small harvest for me this week, although that is hardly surprising at this time of year. Still, it gives me a legitimate reason for entering this post for Harvest Monday!

I got this small Swede turnip ("Ruby"):


It's about enough for one 2-person serving. (We haven't eaten it yet).


I'm also listing a large bunch of Parsley, which Jane used to make Parsley Sauce for with some baked ham, a favourite combo of ours.




I think you had better head over to Daphne's Dandelions and see if anyone else has produced something a bit more impressive!

8 comments:

  1. Anything's better than nothing at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could do with some fresh parsley right about now - our plants are under a foot of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would call that a rutabaga, such an unfortunate name. I say hooray for any harvest, whatever the size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parsley is great this time of year. I've a few bits and pieces left in the garden but not much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never eaten a turnip but perhaps I should remedy that. I grow Italian parsley to cook with and the curly kind for the butterflies. The swallowtails lay their eggs in it and the fat caterpillars devour it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your swede, turnip thing. What did you do with it? I like your parsley more though. I grew up with parsley sauce on pretty much everything so I am excited to learn you like it with ham. My fav as a kid was with rabbit but I haven't eaten bunny for a good 30 years, so I'm not sure it still would be....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it is more impressive than any harvest I've had this month. That parsley looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your parsley looks nice and healthy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.